If you do not agree to your information being used or disclosed as described herein, please do not use the Site.
Type of Information Collected
We collect two types of information - personal information and anonymous information - and we may combine personal information and anonymous information for purposes of creating a third type of information, compiled information.
"Personal Information" is information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) you as an individual such as: your name, address, email address, phone number, social security number, and other similar information which is not information generally known to the public.
"Anonymous Information" is information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify you. We may generate Anonymous information by gathering information automatically, or by compiling personal information while excluding personally identifying information such as those listed above as types of Personal Information.
"Compiled Information" is information about groups or categories of individuals which does not identify and can not reasonably be used to personally identify and individual. We reserve the right to share Anonymous and Compiled Information with other parties without restriction.
We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide to us when you create your Exodus Services Group Exchange account, which Inc. may include your first name, last name, country of residence, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, username, password, tax information such as social security number, citizenship information for purposes of tax compliance, and any other information necessary to set up your account and maintain compliance with State and Federal Laws.
- Transaction information you provide when you accept, purchase, sell, or otherwise send or store cryptocurrency through the platform. Transaction information when you pay or receive pay through our platform upon transaction completion. Such information may include your telephone number and payment information. We may collect and retain some or all of the information related to these transactions, including transaction amount, parties involved, time and manner of exchange, and other transaction circumstances.
- Information you provide in public forums on our Site. Please note that our platform may offer chat, forums, and community environments or other tools that do not have a restricted audience. If you choose to post Personal Information publicly, that Personal Information may be posted publicly and disclosed without any limitation as to its use by us or a third party. Our obligation to keep personally identifiable information private ends in regards to any information you have made available to the public or to other users through our platform. If you would like to have your Personal Information removed from a public forum or chat on our Site, you will need to contact customer support.
- Information sent from you to another user over the platform where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our platform or when you link your profile from a third-party site or platform to your registered account.
- Location information you when you visit our Site or use our platform including location information associated with your IP address or provided by a mobile device interacting with our Site, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, technical data, and other data, including your device identifier or IP address when you visit our Site or use our applications, third party-sites or platforms, or open emails we send.
- We may collect additional Personal Information to validate your identity, such as your taxpayer identification number. We may request documents to verify your personal information, such as a copy of your government-issued photo identification, passport, or other documents to authenticate your identity or to request a credit report if you wish to obtain services requiring a credit check. We will obtain your consent prior to pulling any credit report for any purpose.
General Information Gathered to Provideour Services Transaction Records
We collect information to create transaction records ("Transaction Records"), which are used for the purpose of tracking activity on our platform for security purposes and to aid in our efforts to maintain strict compliance with Federal and State laws guiding virtual currency transactions.
These Transaction Records may include information entered into the platform by the Customer, such as a notes, memos, transaction history, cryptocurrency addresses, automatically gathered information, computer identification information, screenshots and metadata, and other similar data. The information gathered from Transaction Records is not treated as Personal Information and may be combined, analyzed, and used for the same purposes in which Anonymous and Compiled information is used and as expressed above.
Profile Sharing and Disclosure
You will be able to create a profile which will include certain information such as: name, location, profile picture, cryptocurrency information, feedback, and other information provided by you on your profile within our platform. You may edit most information on your profile via your account. However, some information such as ratings will remain stored on your profile unless you delete your account. If you delete your account and choose to reactivate the account at a later time, the original feedback information will remain on your profile once reactivated. See the User Agreement for information on deleting your account.
You will be able to provide feedback for Transactions. The feedback will be stored on our platform and used to allow users to evaluate other user's transaction dealings and overall satisfaction. Feedback will be tied to the identifying information stored within a user's account and provided to Exodus Services Group during the Inc. registration process. The feedback will remain published on a user's profile even after an account is deleted and reactivated again to prevent users from avoiding negative feedback. A dispute resolution process is available to users who disagree with certain feedback received from another user. Please see the Dispute Resolution Policy for clarification on how feedback issues are resolved.
Third Party Service Providers
Exodus Services Group uses certain third party companies for payment processing and other services. We also may Inc. share your information to third party email marketing companies if you opt-in to allow use of your email for this purpose. These third party companies do not retain, share, store or use Personal information for any other purposes.
Identity Theft Prevention
Exodus Services Group is extremely cautious about properly protecting your information. The security of your Inc. personal information is important to us and we would like to remind you that there are not any forms of internet transmission or electronic storage which are 100% secure. We will encrypt your sensitive information such as credit card number or social security and other sensitive information which is stored on our systems. We will also take steps to verify your identity if there is suspicious activity on your account and we will notify you of such activity once we become aware.
Any legally required disclosures will be made to you via email or via other contact info rmation if on file with us. Such disclosures will be made without unreasonable delay and in consistency with legitimate needs of law enforcement or any necessary measures to determine the extent of the breach. We will also make such disclosures as necessary to restore the reasonable integrity of our data system.
Sometimes, activity known as "Phishing" can occur and such activity is a concern to Exodus Services Group We make Inc. every attempt to protect your information and we will never request your credit card information, account ID, login password or other protected information through a non- secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Please visit the Federal Trade Commission's website for more information regarding this type of activity.
Site Use Data
Whenever you visit our Site, we will collect certain browsing information and data, whether you are a registered user or not. This information is collected via different traffic report ing tools and used for us to monitor the origin of and behavior of traffic on our site. The information gathered includes: time spent on the website, geographical location of visitor, landing page dat a, and other similar information used for our team to evaluate the effectiveness, functionality, and overall appeal of our Site. We may use third parties to collect this data such as Google Analytics. These third parties have their own unique policies for the way in which this data is collected. Site Use Data is not considered Personal Information.
We store information about transactions you have engaged in through our platform. We collect this information to ensure compliance with our guidelines and our Agreement. We also collect this informat ion so that we can evaluate the need for Services within our platform and modify those Services to meet your needs. Your transaction history will be made available for you to view and will not be available for others to view via your profile. You will have the option to make your transaction history available to others if you wish.
Children's Personal Information
We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, Exodus Services Group will Inc. require the user to close his or her account and will not allow buying or selling digital currencies. We will also take steps to delete the info rmation as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 18 using our Services so we can take action to prevent access to our Services.
Limitation on Transactional Regions
We do not solicit or allow customer transactions in regions or locations where we are not properly licensed for Money Services Business activity. We are currently registered with FinCEN and maintain permissions for US transactions within the state of Colorado. Transactions commencing from outside of the United States must occur in good faith compliance with International Law. Your use of our Site is conditioned upon your actions remaining in compliance with laws within your territory/jurisdiction/state regarding virtual currency transactions. We allow users to register from multiple territories/regions. However, we will collect and use information such as IP address, personal identifying information, and other to determine whether or not you may engage in transactions based upon your jurisdiction so that we may maintainstrict compliance with State and Federal Laws.
Changing or Deleting Stored Information
You have the ability, as a registered user, to review, update, alter or delete the Personal Information in your registration profile by contacting Exodus Services Group or by making edits through the use of account tools Inc. provided on the Site. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, you must contact us via telephone or you must go through the steps available in the Delete Account Tool Section. Please remember that certain information will be stored after account deletion to prevent users with unsatisfactory feedback from creating separate accounts to avoid negative feedback history. Also keep in mind that Exodus Services Group Inc. cannot delete copies which have already been made from your account prior to deletion of your account through means such as: screen shots, cut and paste, etc.
Exodus Services Group maysell, transfer or share some orallofits assets, including your Personal Information in Inc. connection with a buyout, merger, acquisition, sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. The purchasing company or company receiving transferred, shared, or purchased assets from Exodus Services Group will be under Inc. the legal requirements for privacy protection as required by the laws guiding the jurisdiction where that company resides.
Exodus Services Group may provide additional "just-in-time" disclosures or additional information about the data Inc. collection, use and sharing practices of specific Services. These notices may supplement or clarify Exodus Inc. Services Group privacy practices or may provide you with additional choices about how Exodus Services Group Inc. processes your personal information.
Exodus Services Group works with government and law enforcement officials as well as with private parties to Inc. enforce and comply with applicable law. We will help to promote compliance with applicable laws through disclosure of any information about you which is required, necessary, or appropriate to respond to any claims and legal process, to protect the rights of Exodus Services Group and third parties. We will also disclose such Inc. information as it is necessary to protect the safety of the public or any individual person, or to prevent activity which we may consider as activity posing a risk of illegality or likely to result in unethical or legally actionable activity.